DOCMEN is aimed at modernisation and internationalisation of the HE in microelectronics in the targeted Universities in AM, IL, KZ through innovation of two cycle curricula in line with the new development in the area, the labour market demand and according to the Bologna Process. Its specific objectives are:
- To analyse the educational needs in micro- and nano electronics through problem and job analysis, and review the current curricula.
- This objective targets the challenges of the multi disciplinarily of the subject area and the needs of definition of new skills for new jobs in micro- nano electronics.
- To update the current curricula in Microelectronics according to Bologna requirements and the new developments in nanoelectronics by the end of the project.
- To develop, implement and accredit new practice oriented course curricula including ECTS.
These two objectives targets the needs of modernisation of the higher education (HE) in microelectronics in the targeted universities to the labour market demand and in line with the new development in the area, and of internationalisation of HE towards two cycles curricula facilitating the mobility of students.
- To develop innovative academic environment for Micro- Nanoelectronics Curricula.
This objective addresses the need of modernisation of existing and establishing new equipped laboratories for effective education in the multidisciplinary science of microelectronics.
- To bring the Higher Education Institutions of Partner Countries closer to the Labour Market
This objective addresses the necessity of striking a balance between what is offered in the educational system and what is needed in the sector.
This objective addresses the necessity of striking a balance between what is offered in the educational system and what is needed in the industrial sector. To address the problems and challenges identified the project defines the specific objectives as the following: reviewing/analyzing/upgrading the current curricula to recent advances in the target field; developing, implementation and accreditation 11 core and 5 transferable curricula inclusive learning environment (MicroLab and MicSo) retraining academic staff /methodology; conducting pilot teaching/operation with stakeholders support. To carry out these educational objectives, the goals of DOCMEN are using a high quality personal, to provide a comprehensive MNE education that develops in students the fundamental skills and to prepare students for MNE profession and related fields by developing in them the attributes needed, so they can contribute successfully to society and to the engineering profession. Application of modern engineering and computational tools is required and emphasized in all courses. This objective addresses the need of modernization of existing and establishing new equipped laboratories for effective education in the curricula. To bring the HE Institutions of PC closer to the Labour Market attention is paid to the big number of different organizations carrying out various actions involving students, academic/administrative staff, graduates, alumni, MHEs, local authorities that is why overall success depends on good coordination as the consortium consists of many different organizations. As a result the academic teachers from PC universities will be able to handle the new practice oriented methodology using the new equipment; the students will get the adequate education